ScienceSkepticism

Obligatory Introduction Post

Hi everyone!!!

Although I wrote a “short bio” about myself, which can be found in the “who’s who” section, I felt obliged to write a more personal, and less third person, introduction.

So, hello, I’m Jackie. I’m 19 years old, and currently a sophomore at Bard College. I’m a pretty big science nerd, and have been for as long as I can remember. For high school, I attended The Academy for the Advancement of Science and Technology, which was part of Bergen County Academies, in Hackensack, NJ. There I learned a ton, made a bunch of intelligent friends, and became even nerdier. I discovered there that I love Physics, which is currently what I’m pursuing in college. However, I love science as a whole, because I think is one of the best ways to learn about the crazy world in which we live.

As I mentioned in my bio, I first realized I was a skeptic after reading Carl Sagan’s, A Demon Haunted World, in my junior year chemistry class. (By the way, I highly recommend the book to anyone who hasn’t read it). After that I began reading a lot more science and skepticism books and blogs, which lead me to Skepchick! When Rebecca decided to start Teen Skepchick, I asked if I could be a part of it, so here I am. I’m really excited to start blogging with such smart and interesting fellow bloggers, and I hope you all are going to enjoy TS as much as I am!

Happy Mole Day!

Harry Potter and the Rationalists of Teen Skepchick

jackiestone

jackiestone

1. October 26, 2008 at 7:43 pm —

Hi Jackie!

Welcome to TS! I’m sure you’ll be a brilliant add to the blog. Have fun! ๐Ÿ™‚

2. October 27, 2008 at 12:57 am —

I wish I could have attended to a such a cool sounding High School with a focus of such a cool subject.
    Oh, and I love physics too! *cough*, astronomy is better, *cough cough* Anyways, welcome! Hopefully, your posts will be enlightening. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. October 27, 2008 at 5:34 am —

Hi Jackie! Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say ๐Ÿ™‚

4. w_nightshade
    October 27, 2008 at 6:40 am —

Nice too meet you, Jackie. I am an alumnus of one of Bard’s sister schools, Simon’s Rock. Tell Leon B. I said howdy!

5. October 27, 2008 at 12:14 pm —

Hi Jackie. Welcome aboard. Have you learned the secret handshake yet?

6. October 27, 2008 at 5:03 pm —

Hi, hi, Jackie! Nice to meet you.

You go to Bard College? GAH. An online/Facebook half-acquaintance of mine is a freshman there this year, so GORGEOUS pictures of Bard during the fall keep on popping up in my feed. As a southerner, seeing pictures of the trees ACTUALLY changing colour at the start of autumn makes me completely jealous of you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

7. tkingdoll
    October 28, 2008 at 9:11 am —

Hi Jackie, welcome to the madness! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. October 29, 2008 at 3:06 pm —

Hooray! Another physics person joins the blogohedron!

9. Dread Polack
    October 31, 2008 at 3:39 pm —

Welcome.

So, a question: do you get booted off Teen Skepchick on your next birthday? Will you have to start posting on “Other” Skepchick after that?

Better get your posts out now, before it’s too late ๐Ÿ™‚