Religion and Spirituality

Make me unsee it…

Okay, folks.

Here’s a little quiz.

Who would proudly sell and wear t-shirts with words like ‘ex-masturbator’ and ‘ex-fornicator’ on them?

A) Pedobear
B) Your mom
C) CRAZIES
D) Christian fundies
E) Both C and D

*smirk*

You see, those fundies have done it again – surprising me when I thought I’d seen it all from the them. A Christian ministry is now proudly selling *ahem* interesting *ahem* t-shirts to teens….and TEENS ARE WEARING THEM!

Goodbye, social life!

Oh wait. Being laughed at probably fuels their persecution complex, which would then make them want to wear those shirts even more. With fundies, you lose.

This is all nice and lulzy, but what about the fact that the fundies are setting an impossible standard for teens to live by? What about the mental anguish that results from brainwashed teens realizing that it is impossible to live up to some imaginary sky-daddy’s standards? What about the unhealthy view on sexuality that those teens end up having?

RRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE!!

On a positive note, I am not an ex-masturbator.

Sex Talk Part 3: Getting Solid Sex Information!

Darwin Day '09

Shalini

Shalini

1. February 7, 2009 at 8:35 pm —

I am a non-ex-masturbator.

2. jackiestone
    February 7, 2009 at 8:41 pm —

Me too! Or neither….hmm.

But seriously, this whole story enrages me as well. Masturbation should be encouraged as a way to embrace ones own sexuality and independence, rather than condemned as an offense against an imaginary supreme being.

3. MaggieMoo
    February 7, 2009 at 9:17 pm —

Shouldn’t some fundies be wearing “total hypocrite” shirts rather than “ex-hypocrite” shirts?

4. w_nightshade
    February 9, 2009 at 8:59 am —

The phrase “ex-masturbator” makes me think of “ex-SEAL”… you are now qualified to teach others the skills you learned during your tour of duty, or perhaps use them to earn some money in the private sector.

5. February 9, 2009 at 4:17 pm —

I don’t get it, how can they expect wear to wear with a shirt that says “ex-masturbator” on it? That is just embarassing! Also, they will probably give up in around one or two weeks and start again.

6. February 9, 2009 at 4:19 pm —

Oops! Typo!
    *expect people to wear a shirt*

7. February 9, 2009 at 4:22 pm —

“ex masturbator: I let others do it for me.”

8. February 10, 2009 at 12:43 pm —

Hey, I’m a proud member of that growing atheist army that seeks to undermine the Christian faith!

Seriously though, you hit it right on the head. The well deserved ridicule those teens will get for wearing those shirts will feed their persecution complexes quite nicely. They can pretend they’re like a really lame version of Jesus. At least when monks used to wear hair shirts under their robes to imitate the suffering of Christ they did so without making a big deal out it.

I could easily see Christian teens wearing these shirts to some kind of teen friendly concert where one is expected to sign abstinence pledges and rock moderately hard for Christ. But I can’t imagine teens wearing them in a real public setting. I haven’t been in high school for several years, but if the principal saw you wearing a t-shirt that said Ex-Masturbator, wouldn’t he/she just make you turn it inside out?