Speak Your Mind: Society Girl
Yesterday I went to my class in higher education since 2010 and my first non-graduate class since 2007. I was nervous, but I think it went OK. I’ve always worked while going to school, but always part time. This go around, I’ll be working 40 hours a week. This will leave little time of what I considered the best part of school: all the clubs.
If you know me at all, this might seem like an odd thing to say. I’m a bit of an introvert. If I’m in a crowd too long I start to get tired and irritable. I’m not a sociable person. But I do like to get together with people to do things. Clubs and societies at schools and universities are a cornucopia of energy and ideas that I’m going to miss this time around. So I’m going to have to live through you.
Now that it’s a new year and a new semester, what school club or group are you most looking forward to getting back to? What are your plans for the semester? (Please someone say build a rocket.)
Featured image credit: USAG-Humpreys
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)